How to find us?
Legalization of document or approval certificate (Apostille) is needed for official documents issued in one country to be valid in another country.
Legalization of document - is a verification of signature, signed person’s held position and stamp in the document.
- Legalization of document is done by Lithuanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and diplomatic embassies or consular posts.
Document approval certificate (Apostille) - is a verification of signature, signed person’s held position and stamp in the document provided by The Hague Convention regarding documents issued in foreign countries abolishment of legalization in 5th of October, 1961 (Žin., 1997, No. 68-1699).
- Document’s approval certificate (Apostille) is done by Republic of Lithuania notaries.
Note. Persons who are in foreign countries can submit application for document’s approval certificate (Apostille) in the Republic of Lithuania diplomatic embassies or consular posts. It applies for documents issued by institutions of Republic of Lithuania.
These official documents can be legalized or approved by certificate (Apostille):
- Issued by government or municipal institutions or officials, also by a prosecutor, court official or person performing court decisions;
- Administrative documents;
- Notarial acts;
- Official confirmations of documents signed by a natural person;
- Notarial transcripts of official documents.
Documents have to be orderly and readable. If document consists of few pages, they have to be sewn.
Every document is approved separately (for example: diploma and its appendix are two separate documents).
|Documents issued before 11th of March of 1990 with symbols of Lithuanian Soviet Socialist Republic are neither legalized nor approved by certificate (Apostille). These documents must be renewed.|