- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister emphasizes importance of climate change cooperation
On 23 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in an event, which was co-organized by Lithuania, Latvia, the Czech Republic, and the OECD. The event on the margins of the UN Climate Action Summit 2019 in New York, the U.S., focused on tackling climate change and achieving goals. Participants discussed consequences of climate change, the need to step up efforts by states to meet climate goals and to take into account people’s well-being, when shaping climate change policies.
“Action to tackle climate change must be based on cooperation at the national and international levels. When shaping our climate change policies, we must take into account capabilities of a state, as well as the needs for well-being of the people,” said the Minister L. Linkevičius.
The UN Secretary-General's Climate Action Summit aims to accelerate the implementation of the goals of the 2015 Paris Agreement.
Photo: The United Nations