- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
- 2018-10-23 On 23 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Heads of Delegations of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance in Rome
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is delivering a speech at the Warsaw Security Forum
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.05 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
Linkevičius congratulates new U.K. Foreign Secretary
On 10 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated Jeremy Hunt and wished him every success in his new responsibility as the new British Foreign Secretary.
In his letter of congratulations, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister underlines that Lithuania much appreciated the UK‘s solid contribution to boosting defence capabilities and NATO's presence in the Baltic region, as well as our close bilateral cooperation in the fields of strategic communications and cyber security.
“I am glad to note a rich and long-standing relationship between Lithuania and the United Kingdom. I truly hope that we will be able to continue coordinating our views through effective bilateral dialogue, as well as various regional formats,” writes Linkevičius, who also highlights that the two countries are linked by the UK's Lithuanian community.
Hunt has been appointed as the new British Foreign Secretary after the resignation of Boris Johnson. Prior to this appointment, Hunt held the post of a Health Secretary.